Abbreviations and Acronyms:AVCA (atrioventricular conduction axis), AVN (atrioventricular node), NFS (non-facing sinus), NGAs (normally related great arteries), PCCT (phase-contrast computed tomography), TA (tricuspid atresia)
- https://www.jtcvsopen.org/cms/asset/c1082eb6-811d-4e7b-951b-0198ede1578d/mmc1.mp4Loading ...
- Video 1
The video shows a 3-dimensional image of case 2 (normally related great arteries) and its serial sections. The locations of the atrioventricular conduction axis and its surrounding structures are clearly depicted. Video available at: https://www.jtcvs.org/article/S2666-2736(21)00369-7/fulltext.
- Atrioventricular conduction tissues in univentricular hearts of left ventricular type with absent right atrioventricular connection (‘tricuspid atresia’).Br Heart J. 1979; 42: 1-8
- Designing therapeutic strategies for patients with a dominant left ventricle, discordant ventriculo-arterial connections, and unobstructed flow of blood to the lungs.Cardiol Young. 2004; 14: 630-653
- Valve-sparing neoaortic root replacement late after the Norwood and Fontan procedures.Ann Thorac Surg. 2015; 99: 309-312
- Bentall procedure for the repair of a neoaortic aneurysm after the Norwood procedure in a patient with tricuspid atresia and a discordant ventriculo-arterial connection.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2020; 31: 578-579
- Aortic root replacement in a patient with unoperated tricuspid atresia.Cardiol Young. 2019; 29: 1211-1213
- Three dimensional visualization of human cardiac conduction tissue in whole heart specimens by high-resolution phase-contrast CT imaging using synchrotron radiation.World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2016; 7: 700-705
- Phase-contrast X-ray microtomography of mouse fetus.Biol Open. 2012; 1: 269-274
- Coding of coronary arterial origin and branching in congenital heart disease: the modified Leiden Convention.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156: 2260-2269
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI (grant numbers JP17K10754 and JP17K10725 ).
Disclosures: The authors reported no conflicts of interest.
The Journal policy requires editors and reviewers to disclose conflicts of interest and to decline handling or reviewing manuscripts for which they may have a conflict of interest. The editors and reviewers of this article have no conflicts of interest.
The SPring-8 Cardiovascular Structure Analyzing Research Group includes Yuson Wada, MD, Naoki Yoshimura, MD, PhD, Shunsuke Matsushima, MD, Ryuma Iwaki, MD, PhD, Hironori Matsuhisa, MD, PhD, Yoshihiro Oshima, MD, PhD, Gen Shinohara, MD, PhD, Masato Hoshino, PhD, Kiyozo Morita, MD, Tetsuri Takei, MD, Shuichi Yoshitake, MD, Yukihiro Kaneko, MD, PhD, Shuichi Shiraishi, MD, PhD, Masashi Takahashi, MD, PhD, and Takuro Tsukube, MD, PhD.
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy